Its time for a level editor update! This time, we added some exciting features such as decorations, custom level sizes, starting HP settings, level finish navigators, and more. Here is the list of the changes and additions:
Deep v5.2.0 Update Full Change-Log
- New decoration tiles have been added: Grass, Tall Grass, Fly, Torch, and Rock.
- A new “Create a Level” menu appears when creating a new level. There you can modify the level’s size or player properties such as starting HP, running speed, or the low gravity mode.
- Objects and Enemies tabs have been merged into Objects.
- The Zoom out option has been removed.
- A new shortcut has been added: Equip a tile you are hovering with the mouse middle click. (Thanks to Rafael Dias)
Level editor documentation has also been updated with new features. You can take a look here: https://goricinaproductions.com/level-editor-documentation
- We added some new level tags for level size (Small, Large and Custom) and Developer’s Pick tag (Levels that are hand-picked by the developers)
- New achievements have been added for the Survive game mode: Overture, Appetizer, Slime Flambé, and Caveman (Thanks to an anonymous player)
[QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS]
- You can exit all menus and popups with the Escape button.
- Menu buttons hover sound is no longer heard if the Sound Effects option is disabled.
- Fixed a bug where hat skins wouldn’t destroy on death.
- The platform in the level editor has been raised by a few pixels.
- Fixed a bug that left the pause menu visible when the character is controllable.
- Other small bug fixes
See you in the cave!